Wednesday, November 26, 2008

saints sins and stitchmarkers

I am extremely pleased with myself today...spent the morning organizing my stash and cleaning my room. I also stumbled across a medallion given to me by a friend last summer. It depicts St. Clare of Assisi (St. Chiara)...the patron saint of knitting!
i
need to figure out something cool to do with this...


please excuse the blurry picture...i took it with my laptop.


also, i came up with a cheap way to make some repurposed stitch markers!

i have stretched ears (size 0) and even though it looks amazingly silly to wear normal earrings in my holes (see below photo for reference :p ), i've hung onto a bunch of dangly earrings various people have given to me for sentimental reasons.



now, i tend to use whatever i have on hand as stitchmarkers...safety pins, bobby pins, bits of thread...but i am getting tired of it! my quest for a better solution led me to my jewelry box, where i came across a handful of my old earrings. with very little modifications to the hooks, they make great stitchmarkers! and now i don't have to go out and spend money on stupid plastic ones!


SCORE! plus, now my knitting is stylish and blingy!

ok...thats it for now...happy tofurkey day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

that's such a good idea! yay! i never use stitch markers but if i did i'd totally follow your lead.

Noog said...

Haha! I found you!